Friday, December 3, 2010

Help, I'm Stuck and I Can't Get Up!

Have you ever been stuck, I mean really stuck and had the most difficult time getting up? You can't get out of bed; you can't go to work, can't think straight and even performing the simple everyday tasks for survival becomes difficult. You begin to realize it is not as some would describe procrastination, it is simply Life. When you are in a Life mood, suddenly unimportant things seem to take precedence over important things. There are times when you want to do nothing at all or everything, except what you should be doing. These Life moods will often take you further and further away from your goals and even your purpose.

So, what is keeping you down? Why is it that you can't get up? Are you sunken in debt? Are you in the midst of a physical or mental challenge, marriage, divorce or has life simply been unfair to you? Don't despair; we all need help at some point in our lives to move beyond situations that are stalling our progress. Sadly, some of us stay in that position for too long. We wander around looking for something we can do to quench our thirst or find our way and neglect to go within to find a special purpose for which we can truly live.

I pray this article gives you a nudge and pulls you back in place before you get too far out. I know some of you may be fighting and kicking, but remain steadfast and listen to the voice that says, "In spite of what you are going through, come alive, get up now and get in tune with your spirit." I was in a stuck mold, which is why I am writing. Writing is good therapy for me and I want to share with you how I moved from stuck to action. First, I wrote down five things that were important or significant for me to make a difference in my life or the life of someone else. Second, I placed the list in order of significance with the least important at the bottom. None of the items had to do with work or money because while finding work is a goal, working is not a life goal. Having money certainly has privileges, but does not change your internal spirit. The revealing factors on your list do not have to be grand or elaborate, only realistic. The top item on your list is actually what you should be doing at this very moment to move from stuck to action. This item is your vision. You want to bring your vision to life so that you will have victory over being stuck. While my recommendation may be viewed as a simple process, there are times when one word, a gesture or brief note can be meaningful to energize us.

This is a process you can begin today. You don't have to save your hopes and dreams for the beginning of the New Year when resolutions go in full force. There is no need to stay in a stuck situation when you can resolve to change your life today. My prayer for you is to have a Victory Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
“Mo Better” Inspiration is an arena for a sharing of informative, education, and discussions on issues pertaining to our world, lifestyles, communities, personal growth, inspiration, and cultural awareness. “Mo Better” Inspiration is a global blog where people with similarities and differences can exchange information, ideas and viewpoints designed for a positive blog experience. I encourage people from around the world to participate in engaging discussions that stimulate the mind.